Monday, November 29, 2010

One Last Time...

  
    There's something to be said about a man that can make people laugh even in death and with the amount of times I read "Leslie Nielsen has died, Surely you can't be serious" or some variation of it indicates just what kind of appeal Leslie Nielsen had. Personally my Twitter account filled with messages from nearly everyone I follow with a comment or two praising Leslie and thanking him for all the laughs and inspiration.

   Leslie was born February 11, 1926 and passed away yesterday. He was born in Saskatchewan, Canada and was a proud Canadian(which is one of the reasons why us Canadians love him so). In doing my research I was surprised to learn that Leslie had appeared in over 100 movies and 1,500 television programs. I guess when I think about Leslie I only really see him in three movies(Airplane! Naked Gun and Mr.Magoo) but that shows my age more than anything else.

    Leslie was not always a critical darling(his later attempts at spoofs including "Scary Movie 3 and 4" were ripped by critics) and he wasn't always funny(he took a shot at several serious roles all with varying levels of success) but he was well respect by his peers and that says something about his character as a person. He received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and star on the Canadian Walk of Fame and will be sorely missed.

    Yesterday we lost another clown. Surely you can't be serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment